Background

Monday, May 12, 2008

Brock's Birthday

Boy do I have some serious catching up to do. I can no longer give anyone grief about not updating their blogs.

Brock's birthday - What a busy and fun day this was. We had a soccer game in the morning that started 35 minutes late so we got home 15 minutes before Brock's friends arrived for the friend birthday party. The party was so much fun but as most parties go it is 90 minutes of craziness! Then we relaxed for a few hours before we had the family party that consisted of 15 people crammed into my little house. Brock had a great day and it made it all worth it. Thank you to everyone who was able to attend the party. It means a lot to Brock and Jason & I. Here are the pictures.
Here are some pictures from the Friends Party:

In this game the kids tried to drop the lego pieces into the milk jug.


I was so proud of Brock. He invited Mikele to his party. Those two are such good friends and play so well together. Mikele hates to be left out so it really ment a lot to her to be included.

For this game the kids had to carry lego pieces on a spoon from one cup to the other cup. It was rather humors. One of the boys decided that it made a lot more sense to just pick up his cup and carry it to the other cup and dump it in.


This was the highlight of the party. Everyone received a lego set that made a race car. The kids put their cars together and then they raced them down a cardboard track that Jason built. It was a huge hit with the kids!!!

Finally we opened presents and had lego cakes and ice cream. Oh did I mention that the theme was a Lego Party? I hope it is obvious by now. Just a little funny story. When I made the invitations I wrote on the cards that this was Brock's 6th birthday. Lucky for me the first Mom I gave the invitation to caught my mistake so I could correct them before I handed the rest out.

3 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

Yippee! We've been waiting for the birthday pictures! Looks like Brock and his friends had tons of fun!!

Heather said...

I'm so glad these are up! I love your themes for the parties, Nicole. I may have to hire you to plan Sam's when he is older. How did you make the lego cakes? so cool.

Bree said...

Looks like the kids had a great time! You are so creative, Nicole! Those are some fun activities you came up with! And I love that Brock invited Mikele! Too cute!