Background

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Say Good Bye To January!

Well as we wish farewell to another month all I have to say is good reddens! January has consisted of:

1. Potty Training (still a work in progress. Kassie does great if it doesn't involve poop!)

2. Sick kids: Kassie has had a cold/soar throat/stuffy nose/fever and a ear ache. Mikele and I caught the same cold and I lost my voice at my Album Retreat.

3. Cold and Snow: We have had plenty of snow and freezing weather. We even enjoyed a good week of "Red Air" days caused by the inversion. (That would be when the cold air gets trapped between the mountains and hot air is above it keeping it trapped. The air then fills up with pollution and it is murky and bad to breath.)

4. Lots of showings but no takers. Although the traffic has picked up on showing our house we haven't got any offers yet.

Well after all that whining I did get away to my scrapbook retreat which was GREAT! A good post must have pictures and I only took 5 pictures this whole month. Not a lot of picture worthy events.

Kassie has a chocolate Oreo covered face. It is her treat of choice when she goes to the bathroom. I don't mind because she is happy to share if I go potty too. In fact the night this picture was taken Jason got in on the action as well and got a cookie.

It is a good thing 2 year-old are so cute or they wouldn't make it! Actually I really like kids when they are 2. They are full of fun antics and curious about everything.

Brock's friend brought over the game "Zoo Tycoon" well I don't know if I should thank him or curse him because EVERYONE in my house who can use a computer is addicted. Jason and I lost track of time and stayed up until as late as 3:00 am playing. The addiction is contagious because we shared the game with my brother Calvin and he was up until 6:00 AM playing!

Kassie fell asleep at the table after church last week. I guess she takes after Mikele. Those two can fall asleep anywhere! She is so sweet and peaceful when she is sleeping.

This last picture I am pretty proud of! I was putting a layout together for my classes this month and Kassie was very interested. She even helped me sponge some of the pieces. I love that my girls like scrapbooking with me. It is fun to have them involved.

6 comments:

Kim Greer said...

I'm not sad to say goodbye to January either, we have never had so much sickness at our house!! Sorry to hear Kassie is still having troubles, I feel your pain!

Cindy G said...

Yay for a new post! And oh my gosh...You stayed up until three? And Calvin stayed up all night? I think I have unleashed monsters!! (I must admit I sat down last night to teach Jaren's cousin how to play and ended up playing for about four hours.) It is a very fun game...too bad we only have one computer right now. We'd probably be doing the same thing as your family!

Caitlin and Jared said...

I think that last picturelooks like Mikele with a blonde wig!!

Misty said...

Glad you are feeling better!! Cute, cute, cute pics! I'm not sure that Jack is going to live to be 2!! Are we still good for the 13th? I promise that after Travis and I...and the doc, you will be the first to know what we are having!!

PhillipsFam said...

ok, I was going to get on and bug you about posting and low and behold, you did! those pix were cute too. man, I miss you guys!:(

Bree said...

I'm glad January's over too!!! Too funny that Kassie gets oreos. When Avri went on the potty last week that's what I gave her. She only did it once more so I'm thinking it was a fluke. :) So cute that Kassie and Mikele love scrapbooking with you!!