
On Saturday we had a friends birthday party for Brock. We had a backwards theme so we did everything backwards. The invitations were spelled backwards and the kids came dressed backwards. For the games we played backwards musical chairs so when the music was stopped they walked backwards and when the music was playing they scrambled for a chair.

Next we played backwards bingo. The kids started out with a "black out" board and then ate the candy as the numbers were called. The kids are zoned into the Disney DVD version of Bingo so Jason and I got to sit and supervise during this game.

Then we played backwards hide-n-seek or sardines. One kid hides and the rest try to find him. Once they do they hide with him. The last person to find the group is it. This was hilarious to watch!! In the picture the kids are all hiding in Kassie's closet. It was funny how oblivious the kids were to the other kids "disappearing."

Finally we had a backwards relay race. I don't have any pictures because we were keeping the race going but each kid hopped backwards to the stairs, ran up the stairs backwards, did a backwards crab crawl to the couch and back to the stairs, ran down the stairs and then hopped on the balls back to the start line to tag the next person on their team. Can I just tell you that 6 sweaty 8 year old boys can get mighty stinky!
We headed upstairs for up-side-down cupcakes and Brock gave his friends their party favors which included little nerf footballs and sticky wall climbing guys. These were a big hit and we had sticky guys all over the walls and ceiling. The footballs were used to knock the slow fallers down. I am just glad we haven't hung and pictures on the walls yet.


We ended the party with presents and just letting the kids play. I think everyone had a great time!
2 comments:
You are so dang creative!!! And I cant believe how close you are to having this baby!! I will for sure be making a special trip up there to see it (if I am invited!!)
what a fun idea - the backwards theme! I just might have to steal that one! The games sounded like a lot of fun, although smelly kids??? don't feel great about that one! Looks like you are really enjoying all the new space!
Post a Comment