Gosh I can't believe it has been a week since I have posted on my blog. It has been busier then usual and sometimes 4 kids just gets a little overwhelming. Especially when the following happens all at the same time: Brock- arguing with me about his homework (what is suppose to be completed and returned to school and what isn't) Mikele- having an emotional break down for I don't even remember what. Kassie- throwing toys all over the family room because she is mad that I can't get he a cup a milk because I am feeding Allie who just had a diaper malfunction and peed all over me. As I am getting up to go change Allie she spits up all over my shirt. So now Kassie is sitting on the stair in time out. Allie is laying naked (except for a clean diaper) on the floor screaming and I am getting in the shower again because I am cover in urine and spit up. Enough complaining back to the purpose of this post.
This year Jason's Mom celebrated her 60th birthday. All of Jason's siblings planned a surprise party for her at Bree's house (Jason's sister), Jon and Daryn, our family and Bree's family gathered at Bree's house and anxiously awaited the arrival of the birthday girl.
The kids could not wait for Grammy to arrive!
Our gracious host and hostess.
She is finally here!
We had to open presents right away because if we didn't Kassie was going to self com-bust!
The beautiful table.
The great thing about kids is you always have help blowing out your candles!
We enjoyed dinner, cake and ice cream (provided by Bree and James), chatting with Heather and family and Caitlin and family via webcam and a few games. It was a quick trip but well worth surprising and celebrating Grammy's birthday!
6 comments:
oh dear!! i hate those 12 shower days!! You are a great mom though, otherwise Cassie would have not stayed in time out!!!
You are a great mom! I am so not envious of you right now. Happy Birthday to Granny too!!
Thanks for posting pictures of the big party! I'm so glad you guys were able to make it to surprise Mom. Sorry about the mom misadventures!
Good thing you took good pics of the night...I think I only got one of mom answering the door. SOOOOOOO glad you guys came up, it was lots of fun, even though it was only a few hours! Can't wait to see you guys next week!...But I CANNOT believe it's already Thanksgiving!!!
Thanks for the pics of the grand event. And condolences on the mom moments (I suffer from the opposite problem-Sam not letting me have time for one shower...)
Thank you! Thank you for coming up for the day :) It was so fun to celebrate with everyone. I was truly surprised--first surprise party ever.
Post a Comment