Background

Friday, May 14, 2010

Mikele Lost Her Second Tooth. I mean really LOST!

Mikele's second loose tooth has been hanging on by a thread for days.  I kept telling her to just pull it out and she insisted that if it had not fallen out by Tuesday night she would have Dad pull it out again. (This might sound familiar because it was a repeat of her first loose tooth).  Well on Tuesday she came home from school and enjoyed her afternoon snack then the trouble began. She couldn't find her loose tooth. It was no longer in her mouth.  Did I mention it had been hanging be a thread.  Well apparently she must have fallen out and she swallowed it while enjoying her afternoon snack.

Then came the tears! "I have been waiting forever for that tooth to fall out . . ." sniff sniff ". . . so I could get the money!"

Mom: "Well Brock lost his tooth at Grandma Camp and the tooth fairy still gave him a quarter."

Mikele: "But the tooth fairy found his tooth by the chickens." sob sob

Mom: "I really think if you explain the situation to the tooth fairy in a letter she will understand.  Besides we know where your tooth is, it is in your tummy."

Mikele: "Well how with the tooth fairy find it in my tummy?" bawling

Mom: "She won't but if you write her a letter and explain where it is she might be understanding. I am sure you are not the first kid to swallow a tooth."

Mikele: "Ok"

So for the rest of the night Mikele carefully composed her letter to the tooth fairy.

Then the next morning. . .

. . . we were all smiles.

For the record: So far Mikele has been paid for 2 teeth and the Tooth Fairy has collected ZERO teeth from Mikele. (the first one she wanted to keep because it was her first tooth she had lost and was therefore very special)

3 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

That note is hilarious! I love that there is no beating around the bush, no ulterior motive, just straight to the point!!

Jessica said...

I love it! I wish I would have started with a quarter! We are at a dollar at this house, and I am sure they are going to make me broke!

Daryn N said...

that is so cute! I can't wait for little tender moments like that with my kids :)