Background

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of School - Allie's Turn


  I promise this will be the last "First Day of School" post. I am all out of kids to send.  Allie started preschool today. We are doing a joy school, like I did with all my other kids, and the first week is at my house. This morning Allie didn't want me to be the teacher. She wanted to go someplace. Then she didn't want to have preschool at all. I think she was just nervous because she didn't know what to expect.
 


   This is our little group. Two of the moms returned from Kassie's group. We have all commented how young this group is compared to our last group of girls who all had late birthdays and were a whole year older.  This group is young. Allie and Mack are only 5 days apart in age and the oldest. Hunter and Hallie are just barely turning 3.  It should make things interesting.


  I had to post this picture because Allie couldn't keep her eyes of the cute boy sitting across from her. I can't blame her. Mack is adorable.


   We read stories, painted, colored, talked about the letter "A", had a snack, played a goofy game and even had time to play outside.

  We have show-n-tell each week. The kids are suppose to bring something that begins with the letter we are talking about that week. Obviously we started with A and so Allie brought a picture of herself.  I helped her practice yesterday what to say. "This is a picture of Allie. Allie begins with the letter A." She said it perfectly. No one could hear her because she was being shy but she did it.

2 comments:

Kim Greer said...

Yep, that Mack is adorable. :) Allie sure is too. You're so good to do this with your kids. So fun.

D said...

Sounds like you may have to come up with some new lesson plans to fit this group. I'm sure Allie will love preschool--even at home with Mom :)