Background

Friday, August 31, 2012

1st Day of Kindergarten. . . Finally!


Kassie has been waiting her ENTIRE life for the first day of Kindergarten. Then she had to wait one more day.  Our family has been enjoying the stomach flu. It started with Mikele on Monday night. Then on Wednesday Jason came home from work early, cancelled his class and went to bed and I didn't see him again until morning. Kassie started throwing up late Wednesday night. She woke up at 7:00 am Thursday and said that she thought she felt good enough to go to school but not 5 minutes later she threw up again. Sadly I had to inform her that she would not be going to school. She camped out on the couch and was dealing with it pretty well until Mikele left for school and then there were tears from both Kassie and I. She was suppose to be going to school after waiting what seemed like and eternity and wasn't.  Kassie slept and rested most of the day and was feeling great by dinner time.


   Bright and early this morning Kassie was up, healthy and ready to go to school.  She had been rather nervous leading up to the first day but today it was pure determination. She was GOING and nothing was going to stop her. I was so excited for her to go that I almost forgot I was suppose to be sad that my little girl was growing up. As I walked back into the house after taking pictures, I have to admit I got a little choked up.







2 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

Poor Kassie, having to wait one more day! : (

D said...

I can just imagine her excitedly describing every minute of her day. I'm sure she will be absorbing everything from day one!