I know some of you are probably wondering what the heck is taking me so long to get my blog updated! Honestly this week is crazy with workshops, scouts, primary activity, company party, relief society summer social, another workshop, pack meeting, reception, high priest social and I was asked on Sunday to do a booth at the American West Heritage Center's first annual scarpbook expo and all night crop. So we added a trip so South Jordon to pick up supplies for the booth and I am frantically getting ready for that. Could we have crammed one more thing into the last week of summer?
Ok enough complaining. I know we all have the same 24 hours in a day and everyone is busy. So I will get to the real purpose of this post: DISNEY WORLD!!! It was awesome, fabulous, VERY HOT AND HUMID, exhausting and did I mention AWESOME!!!
I don't have as many pictures as I thought because I was often a part of the action but I do have over 350 photos and that is after I deleted over 150! Do you want me to share them all? j/k I will only share some of my favorites.
Day 1- Flight Day
We were up at 5:00 am to begin our great adventure. We had packed and loaded the car the night before so all we had to do was get up, get dressed and leave. By 6:00 am we were pulling out of the driveway. We dropped off our car at the Park and Ride and after a small detour (Jason forgot Allie’s car seat and we had to loop back around the parking lot to get it) we rode the bus to the airport. We slipped through security quickly thanks to the stroller. We were able to go through the special assistance line which was much shorter and faster. We found ourselves at the gate a little after 8:00 am. Our flight didn’t leave until 9:58 am. We hadn’t planned on being to our gate that early but we slipped through check in and security faster then expected. Brock told us we could have slept until 6:00 and still made it. Better safe than sorry! Right? While we were waiting for our flight we picked up Cinnabons (Brock & Mikele), yogurt (Kassie and Allie) Egg McMuffin (Jason) and a smoothie (Nicole) for breakfast.
Mat and Jenny’s family were on the same flight as us so they arrived which got the kids really excited. Unfortunately we weren’t sitting anywhere near each other on the plane. The flight to Florida was a direct flight and went smoothly.
Once we arrived in Orlando we picked up our rental car from Thrifty. It was a white GMC Arcadia. Then we headed to IHop for dinner. We all enjoyed a fabulous breakfast. Mikele and Brock ordered hot chocolate with their meals despite the humid hot temperatures outside.
Brock found our first wild life. He found a lizard on the way in to the restraint. He found another one at our house and actually caught it by the tale. Of course he the lizard ended up leaving his tale behind and scurried away.
We stayed in a house with Kristina’s family (Adam, Krissy, Austin, Parker and Kai). The house had an open floor plan with a big kitchen and family room, dinning room, 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. There was also a private swimming pool out side our patio door. The garage was a game room with a pool table and fosse ball table. Krissy and Adam took the master sweet (they arrived the day before). Jason and I had the other bedroom on the main floor that also connected to a bathroom with a second bathroom door from the hall way. Upstairs Brock and Kassie slept in one bedroom and Allie and Mikele slept in the other. Austin took the last bedroom and Kai and Parker slept in Krissy’s room.
Once we arrived at the house we got settled and then headed to the grocery store to pick up things for breakfast, lunches and snacks. Then we came back to the house and went swimming for about an hour before heading off to bed.
6 comments:
Busy busy!! Good luck surviving the week! haha, I know you will!! Can't wait for more pictures!!
Can't wait to hear more. And have fun scrapbooking all of those 350 pictures! :)
You are such a busy woman! The first day sounded awesome. I can't wait to see and hear more!
wow you guys are busy as always, I dont think you ever slow down. When you listed what you bought to eat at the airport all I could think was expensive, they like triple prices there, it should be illegal!!
What we only get pictures of the plane ride?? Hurry up with the rest of the pictures, please! : ) Glad you had a great time!
I have been waiting for a post about THE trip, but I now understand the delay! Looks like a fun time-even in an airport. Can't wait to see, and hear about, the rest of the trip.
Post a Comment