Background

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Random Thought Thursday- A little bit of everything edition

(Cindy you inspire me)

Ok so blogging has not been a regular occurrence at my house mainly because I haven't been taking any pictures.  But we have been very busy and I thought I would share some of my random thoughts. Are you ready? Here we go. . . .

To begin, why the heck does it take so long to ship something? I ordered a new toy off of JoAnn's website and the order is still "processing."  What is there to process. Print out my order put it in a box and ship it already.  I am excited to get it!!!! (I am not going to tell you what I ordered you will have to wait and see. I will take pictures and post them when I get it.) And on a side note, the fact that I am so excited about something that comes from a craft store cracks me up.  As a child I remember being dragged into craft stores with my Mom and thinking these are the most boring stores ever!

----------------------------------------------------------------

I know why I am such a big fan of summer vacation. I despise homework!!!!  Mikele comes home with 3 yes THREE different reading books/word lists that she is suppose to read every night.  She also has multiple math pages to complete and vocabulary.  Seriously lets just pick 1 book and read it. She has more homework then Brock did at the charter school.  Oh and to add some stress lets also tell the above mentioned daughter that she is reading too slow and stress her out even more.  Thankfully Brock's homework is considerably less and other then helping him with his spelling words he can complete it himself.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I have an addiction to throwing things away.  I love doing it.  I also really enjoy making lists and using up things that I have had for awhile.  Check out my other blog to see the layouts I completed using paper and accessories that I have had for some time. It is my legal high.

----------------------------------------------------------------

So I want to add onto my house. I know my house is already huge but I want to add on a enormous bonus room above the garage.  I am not starting construction anytime soon (lack of funds) but I really want to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Why is it that television series feel like it is ok to end a season with a huge cliff hanger?  Case in point- White Collar on USA. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! If this ends badly for Mozzie I am so done watching that show anymore. Oh and someone tell me how long I have to wait before the second season begins.  I know what you are thinking,  I need to get a life.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to say when my kids are being adorable they are really funny.  Allie has taken up growling like a pirate.  It is quite endearing.  She is also a demanding squawker which means that when she wants something she holds out her hand and squawks.

Jason has decided that it is a good thing Kassie is so cute or we would probably give her away.

Mikele can be so kind and compassionate towards her siblings and then drive me crazy with her cranky winy voice.  I don't know what it is about 6-8 year old children but for both Brock and Mikele it has been a tough stage of life.

Brock is such an easy child right now. Knock on wood.  He gets up and gets ready for school with his bed made and room cleaned. He has his piano practiced and does it all without major supervision. He can get his homework done without drama and is doing really well in school.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I need a retreat to my own house without kids or appointments.  I have a list of things I really want/need to get done.  Can I send everyone away for a few days? Maybe I will keep Jason. I could put him to work.

--------------------------------------------------------------

How many more weeks of soccer? I have a love hate relationship.  I love watching the kids play and think it is a great extracurricular activity but it is taking over our lives and things will be less stressful when the season is over.

Hum, maybe I should take my camera to the games and take some pictures so my blog posts are not just a bunch of random thoughts!!!!

3 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

Want to come "get high" at my house? Does work for you throwing other people's stuf away? : )

Cindy G said...

I'm so glad I actually was the one inspiring you for once!

Kim Greer said...

I love lists, throwing away, and using things up too! I also hate school being in because of homework. I dread the day I have more than one that I have to do homework with.