Background

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Eve 2010

It was Christmas eve and we had not been to see Santa!!!  That is just another example of how fast this month and whole year has gone by.  Jason had the day off which was really nice so we headed on over to the mall to see the big guy.  As you can see we have made a lot of progress.  This year there are no adults in the picture and only one child is crying.  It is also Kassie's first time that she willingly sat on Santa's lap.  The kids were very vague on their Christmas wishes.  Santa reminded them that they were running out of time.  Really they were out of time because everything was pretty much wrapped and ready to go.



  We traditionally have a fancy Christmas Eve dinner with candles and the Christmas china.  We had ham, funeral potatoes, fresh rolls, salad and as a special treat jigglers.  I make plenty so that on Christmas day we can just graze over the left overs and I don't spend my day cooking.  It was very yummy and fun!


  The kids each get to open a present on Christmas eve.  We use to give them pj's but then there were a few years that they didn't need pj's so we switched to a family game that we would play together on Christmas Eve before bed.  This year they all needed pj's so we did both.


  Mikele wanted to have each person tear off one piece of paper and then pass it around.  She had done something similar at her school Christmas party. The game we got was Toy Story Mania for the wii.




 I know what you are all thinking, there was a big consumer report saying that kids under 6 should not wear/watch things in 3D.  Most of the game isn't in 3D but this was the picture I took so that is what I am posting.  We had a great night as a family.  The kids were in bed by a decent hour and Santa's work was done before 11:00.  Jason and I didn't know what to do.  Usually we are up until 2:00 in the morning getting everything set up and ready.

1 comment:

D said...

I think dinner on Christmas Eve is a wonderful idea. Then you can join in all the fun the next day. sounds like you had a perfect holiday!