Background

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Our Christmas Adventure

On the Thursday before Christmas Jason and I took our kids on an adventure.  We didn't tell them what we were doing or where we were going.  We left the house and headed to Ogden to catch Front Runner (the passenger train that runs from Ogden to Salt Lake City). They were all so excited to be riding on a train!  The conductor was talking to us and I told him it was our first time on the Front Runner so he invited us to come sit up front with him and taught the kids all about the train, lights, signals and what he does.  They LOVED it!






From there we jumped on the light rail and headed down town to Temple Square.  We had a great time seeing all the lights, nativities and fountains.





 One of the highlights was seeing the Christus.  Mikele had heard about it in primary and was very excited about seeing it in person.




  Baby it was COLD! The kids handled it pretty well.  On the way back to catch the front runner we stopped at Bear Country and bought some warm cookies to enjoy on the train. Yummy!  By the time we got back to Ogden most of the kids were pretty tired and fell asleep buy our night owl was still going strong.
  It was a ton of fun and I would highly recommend this trip to friends.  For our whole family the round trip tickets were only $12 total.  We didn't have to worry about parking or traffic.  Jason was able to enjoy spending time with his family instead of focusing on driving. It was really slick to get to downtown Salt Lake.  I wouldn't recommend going to temple square that close to Christmas.  It was CRAZY busy with people.

4 comments:

emalina49a said...

We go every year at Christmastime and love it. This year seemed unusually busy but we went on a night that was actually 48 degrees so it almost felt warm. We blamed the busy-ness on that, but I guess it was just a more full year.

Anonymous said...

We'll have to try the Front Runner. I'm sure my kids would love it!

Lacie said...

I love that even in the freezing cold Allie is smiling!

Caitlin and Jared said...

What an fun adventure! I don't know how I missed your most recent posts. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!