Background

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Brock's 10th Birthday Recap

   We celebrated Brock's birthday on Monday because I was out of town at a Close To My Heart business event. Brock wanted to go to Texas Road House for his birthday dinner. We had taken the kids to dinner there a few months ago on Family night thinking that the kids meals were free with the purchase of an adult entree. Well apparently they don't do that but they did give the kids t-shirts and they frosted cookies and if they wear their t-shirts on Monday night they get to pick out of the treasure box. So fast forward to the Monday before Brock's birthday and he wanted to go back.
  Everyone but Allie enjoyed the photo op with the armadillo. (Does anyone besides me think that is a weird mascot?) Allie actually was freaking out and terrified of the guy. The other reason Brock wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse is because when we were their before he saw people who were celebrating their birthday get to sit on a saddle and the waiters and waitresses made a huge deal about their birthday. Surprisingly Brock wanted to sit on the saddle too. For a child who does not like the attention he was pretty excited about it. Brock also wanted to wear a cowboy hat so one of the waiters let Brock wear his.

After dinner we headed home for presents. Brock opted for a bigger gift and no friend party this year. He really wanted the Lego Harry Potter game for the wii. I was able to get it for a 1/3 of the price and so we were able to also get him a Snap Circuits set.

 Grammy sent him the first book in the Fablehaven series (which he has started) and a wooden model airplane that he is very excited about. 


I was pretty excited that he played with his snap circuit set before opening the Wii game.


My parents gave Brock his first chess set. I played him last Sunday and have to say there was a time during the game that I really thought I was going to loose.


  After presents we were still to full from dinner to eat cake and ice cream so we just put candles on the cake and sang to Brock. I believe Brock had a great birthday. I am still just in shock that my boy is 10.

2 comments:

Bree said...

How fun for Brock. Texas Roadhouse scones are the best! Great job on the cake too!

D said...

I'm with you-can't believe Brock is 10 years old! But then, I can't believe my boy has a son of his own!! Brock, you are a terrific young man.