We have been trying to teach our kids about money management. Well the best way to learn to manage your money is by having some money so this summer I have been paying the kids to do some extra jobs like weeding, wiping down the baseboards or washing all the kitchen chairs. I pay them on average a dollar for each of these jobs. Well Jason decided to get in on the action and had a great idea to pay the kids 5 cents for every pine cone they picked up. The kids went right to work. In the end they found about 300 pine cones. Well for you math genius's that comes to about $15 in hard cold cash! So in a short 15 minute period the kids each made $5. Needless to say they would rather work for their Dad who pays a lot better then their Mom.
That afternoon we decided we needed a break from the painting project and took the kids to go see "Up" at the theater. We paid for their tickets and the kids bought their own treats with their pine cone money.

The kids enjoyed the Movie. Mikele and Kassie got a little scared and spent part of it on our laps but Brock loved it. I thought it was good but had some heavy topics for kids.
4 comments:
We haven't seen it yet, but I've heard it's a must!
I love it, they are huge!!
Love all the pics--thanks for more updates!! That's great to have the kids work for $! We took Avri to see Up (her FIRST movie theatre experience) and she had a blast! It was a cute movie!! Good luck these next couple weeks--can't wait to hear the news!!!!!!!!
I love the pine cone story. Reminds me of Dad and Heather with the acorns...but your kids got a better deal!
Post a Comment