
I have been a little slow to get these pictures up of Mikele's first day of Kindergarten but it is probably appropriate because Mikele has felt like this day has been very slow in coming!! On the eve of her first day she was very upset and felt she had been sorely mistreated because she had to endure waiting for afternoon preschool to start and now had to wait for afternoon kindergarten. (Of course both of these things we had no control over). She took a very long time to fall asleep and was up very early on Wednesday morning.

Then we were presented with the challenge of keeping her entertained for the 4 1/2 hours before school started. My Mom painted her toe nails and had her help with my sewing project, did her hair, fed her lunch and listened to a lot of moaning and complaining because Mikele was convinced it would never be time to go. Finally the appointed hour arrived!



Jason, Kassie and I walked her up to school. We took some pictures and got her busy on the worksheet at her desk and left her happy and all grown up!


After school I walked back up to the school and retrieved my very excited kindergartner who will be all ready to go again tomorrow!

Mikele and Mrs Allgood
4 comments:
Wow!! She is so big. I can't believe she is starting school. She is just adorable.
How exciting!! And can i say that Kassie looks as big as mikele in the stroller!! Where did time go?
What a cutie! I love that she's SOOO excited to go to school. Man your kids are growing up tooooo fast!
Kurtis did the same thing to me. He's also in the afternoon class. It's been a week and it still hasn't gotten any better.
Post a Comment