Background

Monday, October 5, 2009

Conference Weekend

Traditionally my siblings and I get together for conference weekend. This tradition started when we really didn't get to see each other much and because of church responsibilities we really couldn't leave town on the weekends. In recent years we started inviting my parents with the understanding that they obey the rules. This year we had a great time. Everyone including my sister and her family that live in Moscow, Idaho were able to come. Here are some pictures from the fabulous weekend.

My Mom planned two fun activities for the kids. The first was a great Pumpkin Hunt. The kids had to find pumpkins that were hidden all over the yard. The second activity was the great Pumpkin Count. The kids counted all the pumpkins in my Mom's house. There were 68 pumpkins!




My sister, Krissy just had a baby 3 weeks ago. This is Allie and Kai (pronounced Ky like Ty but with a "K")


The girls traditionally make a craft and this year we made beaded watch bands and bracelets and necklaces for the cousins. The girls had so much fun beading that I think I am going to have to buy some supplies for Mikele.





This is a picture of the girls and all their "bling." We even made bracelets for Allie and Kai.

The cousins had a great time just playing together. It is so fun to watch them interact and the friendships they have developed even though they don't see each other that often.








I love that last photo of Kassie and Austin (Krissy's oldest boy). You might have noticed that their are not many pictures of Brock or Jason or any of the guys. Well that is because they were next door gaming on their computers. Krissy took some pictures for me but I haven't got them yet. Needless to say they had a great time and can't wait for April's conference.

6 comments:

Kim Greer said...

What a fun tradition! Cute bracelets!

Lacie said...

Your watches look way cute!!! I am glad you had fun!

Heather said...

Looks like a good time. Can we get a close up of the bling? I've been wondering how to make those watches...

Anonymous said...

That is so fun!! What a great tradition, I wish we could do that however, traveling from Texas would be a lot more complicated I have a feeling, especially with my husband and I still in school. LOL!! Cute bracelets, congrats to Krissy, tell her hi for me and I would love to get her number from you if possible.

D said...

Boy, you crammed a lot into that weekend!! Looks like it was loads of fun for all. :)

Cindy G said...

My favorite is the picture of the babies. It's so funny how fast they grow. And seriously, can I be in your family? What a fun tradition! Oh, and did your mom get her room painted that she wanted done before the big weekend?