OK, for anyone who has seen Monsters vs Aliens what did you think? It did have some pretty funny lines and totally mocked the President of the United States but I just don't think you can put it in the same category as Beauty and the Beast or Lion King. The kids loved it. Well Kassie didn't really like it until the big bug turned into a big butterfly then she loved it!
For those of you who asked, here is the best caramel popcorn recipe.
Great Grandma Murdock's Caramel Popcorn
2 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 pound butter
1/2 cup dark karol
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Bring the brown sugar, butter and dark karol to a boil stirring often. Boil until "soft ball"stage. Add baking soda. Stir. The caramel will be all bubbly as you stir in the baking soda. Pour over air pop popcorn and serve. (to test to see if the caramel is at a "soft ball" stage fill a cup with cold water. Dribble some of the caramel into the water. With your fingers form the caramel into a ball. It should shape into a "soft ball"). ENJOY!!
4 comments:
We bought monsters versus aliens while in canada in July, (i guess things come out sooner there) and i HATED it!!! i let my family borrow it and they didnt like it either!!! saylor fell asleep!! So I will keep it in my collection for the nights so wont go to bed, haha!! i am glad you got to be with your fam!!!
What? You guys DIDN'T have anything planned? hahaha. Just teasing! Your couches look super comfy!! They just don't make good kid movies like they used to, huh?! I LOOOOVE caramel popcorn and will have to try your recipe. I found an AMAZING one awhile back but haven't made it since so I'll do yours next time. :) Oh, and thanks for the compliment on my hair, I was a little self-concious about it...it's just a bobby pin. Have a great week!!!
I'm glad you finally had some good, relaxing family time. It seems like you always have something going. The kids sure look comfy and ready for a fun night.
We so need to get a sectional for our basement!! Movie night looks so fun! We do it quite frequently, but we're usually watching something like Backyardigans or maybe a little Star Wars here and there!
Post a Comment