Part of our Christmas traditions is to make Christmas candy and pastries. We scheduled our candy making day for the 16th. My Mom couldn't come this year because she was sick so AnnMarie and I went to work by ourselves. We each made 3 different kinds of candy and then we split it three ways. This year we made white chocolate pretzels, peanut clusters, coconut clusters, peanut brittle, tofee and mint marble candy. Kassie was also very helpful.
On Saturday, December 19th, Jason and I made pastries. The kids helped powder the pastries and then deliver the plates. With all the yummy treats it is no wonder people gain weight over the holidays.

Allie supervised.
8 comments:
Yum! Where's my plate? Just kidding, it looks like a lot of fun!
Making candy intimidates me for some reason. Why was I never invited when I lived close enough to learn from you??? Allie can supervise me anytime, she looks like a very pleasant boss!
Yummy!!! I want the recipe for that green and pink candy. It was so yummy!! Looks like you guys had fun!!
That is the cutest picture of Allie! She is getting so big! We need a playdate soon!
Caitlin- Sorry! You could always move back.
Kim- The recipe is in the Millville 1st Ward cookbook. My Mom has it.
Kas- Yes I would love to get together. Let me know when.
mmmm....wish i had been there to eat some coconut clusters. maybe better that i wasn't (for my waistline I mean)
Glad to see the pastries tradition going on all over the country :) Mine were a complete flop this year :( I don't think I have the patience for the temperature watching.
YUM!! You are the most ambitious and busy gal I know...I need to be more like you!! :)
Post a Comment