Background

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Actual Pine Wood Derby

For my photography class I took and posted a number of pictures of the construction of the pine wood derby car this year. I just realized I never posted any of the pictures of the actual event.

Everybody ready?

Are the cars ready?

Here you go. . .


Sean and Brock

I felt like Brock's car did well. He won some of his races and usually didn't come in last. I was proud of him. Brock just had a great time and enjoyed the whole event! I think his car got the classic car award.

This last car was made by Grant Winborg. He always comes up with a really cool show car each year. The matchbox cars represent his sons' journey in the scouting program. Pretty impressive in my opinion!
Well another derby has come and gone. Until next year!

2 comments:

D said...

Way to go, Brock! I liked the shot down the sidelines--such anticipation :)

Krissy said...

I really like the first picture here. I think it really captures the excitement and anticipation of the kids and at the same time shows the venue. Love the angle. Nice shot!