Background

Monday, March 28, 2011

The game of Chess. The game of Life.

I posted on Monday my final assignment for my lifestyle photography class.  The assignment was to express a message with one image. My message was the amazing influence a grandparent or wise mentor can have on a child. I wanted to capture the respect and admiration my son Brock has for his Grandfather and the influence that one can have on a younger generation.  Recently my Dad has began to teach my son how to play chess.  If you have ever played chess you know that it is a very strategic game. Chess is about choices, sacrifice and learning to utilize all your resources to accomplish the ultimate goal of checkmate.  I feel the same strategies you learn in the game of chess also apply to the game of life.

 Here are the rest of the photos from the photo shoot.








7 comments:

Christy said...

I enjoyed seeing all the rest of the story photos. I am like you and wanted to explain more. I like the storytelling aspect of picture taking. Great job.

Luke said...

Awesome pictures. What a great idea.

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! Good Job!

Joy said...

These are great pictures of Brock and your Dad!

Lacie said...

These are like gallery worthy!! Awesome job!!!

Krissy said...

I love this series! Nice job on the black and white! The angles are awesome. They are all so good, it's really hard to pick a favorite. I love the one with the clock and the masks tho. I think that that one in particular says so much and can say so much. Did I mention the view points are awesome?

Bree said...

These pics are cute. love the black and white.