Background

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Photography Class: Telling the story week 1

I am at it again.  I am taking another photography class from Brooke Snow. In my basic photography class I learned how to use my camera and what makes a great picture in this class I hope to become more creative in my photography skills.  I am excited about this 3 week journey and will be sharing my homework assignments with my fellow classmates here on my blog.

Week 1: This week we talked about what makes a good story - setting, theme, characters, conflict and point of view. The same elements apply to a great photo shoot. So with my shot list in hand and these concepts in mind I documented my son, Brock, and his dad creating his pine wood derby car. Oh I am so excited to scrapbook these pictures!

Homework assignment:  Part A: Post 3 character details - ok I posted more then 3 :)






 Part B: 2 pictures with the character/s in an element of conflict. Conflict is defined as something that requires effort, attention or work.




I know you are dying to see the finished car. . .


Do you feel like you experienced the creation of a pine wood derby car? 
If so then I was successful in telling a story.

7 comments:

Caitlin and Jared said...

That's great that you are taking a photography class...now only if we lived closer so you could take more pictures for me! : )

Tracy said...

I am so jealous that you're taking this now!!! I really wanted to, but we've had other expenses attack us :(

You'll have to let me know what you think when you're done with it.

Great pictures, and I definitely think you were successful!

Anonymous said...

Cool car! I hope we get Tyler's done in time!

janeen kelley said...

Hi! One of your classmates here, just stopping by! I think you did a super job telling the story. :) In the detail section I really love the second pic--although it gives me anxiety because the little guy's hand is so close to the blade! (perhaps the anxiety it gives is part of its strength??) And in the conflict section I love them all! Really fun pics!

Christy said...

Fellow classmate here. I love your pictures. I especially like the first and third pictures. Great storytelling.

Lynette said...

Hey my friend. Love your shots and great detail. I totally agree with in the fact that when I was shooting I was thinking how great my layouts are going to improve. I think my favorite is Jason working so hard. He just looks so determined to make the best and fastest derby car. TEEHEHEHE. Wonderful job.

Krista Lee said...

Great shots!! I love the story you're telling.